Rugby & East Nuneaton & North Central & South National NASUWT Warwickshire
Click the link above to go to the offer
Contact Member Support
03330 145 550
WARWICKSHIRE SCHOOL CLOSURES click on the picture link to
find out which Warwickshire
schools are closed today.
Tel: 0121 453 6150
Fax: 0121 457 6208
Have you moved school or home recently?
Please make sure you go on to the NASUWT website and update your school or home contact details.
It’s really hard to keep membership
records straight if members forget to tell us!
http://www.nasuwt.org.uk/ and click on My NASUWT.
Alternatively, call the member support line on 03330 145 550
The ONLY Union that SOLELY represents Teachers in Warwickshire
West Midlands Regional Centre
57 Water Street
Tel: 0121 232 9400
Regional Organiser: Ben Cochrane
Tel: 0121 453 6150
In the light of the Government’s plans, the NASUWT has produced a letter for all employers which:
- sets out our concerns about the incompleteness and inadequacy of the Department for Education (DfE) guidance;
- puts employers on notice that in the interests of the health and safety of our members the NASUWT is reserving their legal rights;
- sets out the Union’s expectation that schools will act in the interests of the health, safety and welfare of staff, while reminding them of the legislative provisions within which all planning for wider opening must take place.
The NASUWT has produced letters for headteachers, drawing to their attention the above information.
To ensure that your headteacher is clear about the NASUWT’s position, we would be grateful if you would download the appropriate letter for your school, and give this to your Headteacher as soon as possible.
There are three letters to select from, depending on the type of school in which you work:
- a letter for headteachers in local authority maintained schools, to be handed to the headteacher with a copy of the letter sent to the local Director of Education. Local authorities are the employers of teachers and headteachers in maintained schools;
- a letter for headteachers in schools which are part of a multi-academy trust (MAT), to be handed to the headteacher with a copy of the letter which has been sent to the CEO of the trust;
- a letter for headteachers in foundation schools, voluntary aided schools and single-academy trusts. (There is no additional letter for these schools.)
Why join us
The NASUWT is the only teachers Union to represent teachers in England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland. Wherever you teach within the UK you will have the support of the NASUWT;
The NASUWT represents teachers in all educational settings, including state maintained schools, academy schools, free schools, independent schools and FE Colleges;
The NASUWT represents all teachers from student teachers and newly qualified teachers through to deputy heads and headteachers;
What we do for you
The NASUWT will support, advise and if necessary represent you with any difficulties you face within the workplace;
The NASUWT continues to campaign with members to defend teachers terms, conditions and professionalism.
The NASUWT offers a wide range of free professional development for all of our members from newly qualified teachers through to leaders and aspiring leaders;